Student Preparation Checklist
Are you ready to attend class remotely?
- Do you have the hardware and technology infrastructure that you need?
- Do you have access to a computer (or mobile phone)?
- Do you have a stable internet connection? If you run into problems, see this UIS page on internet connectivity issues.
- Do you have access to a webcam (built-in or external)?
- Do you have access to earbuds or headphones?
- If you might need to access Zoom with your smartphone, have you downloaded the Zoom app?
- Have you familiarized yourself with Georgetown’s core tools for remote learning?
- Have you heard from your professors which tools you’ll be using?
- Are you familiar with Zoom, which you may be using for live class interactions and office hours?
- Are you familiar with Canvas, which you may be using for accessing course content/submitting assignments/taking quizzes and tests?
- Are you familiar with Proctorio, which you may be using for proctored exams?
- Do you have a place to set up for class sessions that is distraction-free, quiet, and available to you for the whole class session?
- Students doing their remote learning from other countries may want to check out our tipsheet on Best Practices for Teaching and Learning Internationally.
Do you know where to go for help?
- Contact your professors with accommodation requests or any questions about your courses.
- Contact your Advising Dean with questions or challenges related to your ability to participate fully in your lineup of courses this semester.
- Contact email@example.com if you do not have the technical infrastructure you need to participate fully in remote classes.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom support, Canvas Help for Canvas support, and UIS (email@example.com) for troubleshooting for other Georgetown learning tools.
- Contact the Office of Campus Ministry at 202-687-4300 or Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) at 202-687-6985 for help related to anxiety and well-being during this present situation.
For support with tools and tips for teaching online, CNDLS provides virtual office hours, Monday-Friday. Click here to enter virtual office hours. Hours of operation: Monday – Thursday, 10 am – 4 pm and Friday between 10 am and 12 pm. After hours, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.