Tip Sheet: Oral Student Presentations in a Virtual Learning Environment
How can my class facilitate oral student presentations?
Option 1: In real time
- Students can present live in Zoom during class, optionally sharing a document or slides.
- To make the presentation more engaging, all students can be tasked to ask questions via the Zoom chat or in a shared Google doc.
- The presentation can be recorded by the instructor.
- The instructor can give immediate feedback during class or later via Canvas.
Option 2: Recorded
- The student can deliver the oral presentation in Zoom outside of class and record it.
- The student can then share the recording with the instructor and/or other students.
- Specific students could be tasked with viewing the oral presentation and responding (peer feedback).